This page is dedicated to the current vacancies for Nenagh Arts Centre. The vacancies listed can be applied for by following the given instructions.
MANAGER AND ARTISTIC DIRECTOR POSITION
The Manager and Artistic Director Key Responsibilities:
The Manager will work with the board to run a dynamic venue with responsibility for the overall programming & management of its activities. The manager puts in place the structures and
measures necessary to fully realise the potential of the venue. The Manager is answerable to the Board of Nenagh Arts Centre and is responsible for the successful business, financial and hr management of the organisation.
Strategy and artistic policy:
- Develop and implement a programme of arts and entertainments that balances artistic,
community and commercial considerations.
- Source shows, negotiate deals and issues contracts.
- Negotiate terms for the use of the venue, office and other spaces.
- Develop relationships with local, national and international theatre companies.
- Ongoing development of Spleodar Arts Festival and Nenagh Youth Theatre.
Finance and Administration:
- Set and monitor the annual budget.
- To attend all Board meetings and to take the lead in providing such background, briefing and
financial material as will enable the Board to make considered decisions about matters of policy and finance.
- Apply for funding grants available from government agencies, and capital spend grants when available
- Administration of the various works schemes operated at Nenagh Arts Centre including Pobal and TUS scheme.
- Ensure timely, accurate and clear financial reporting to the Board.
- Ensure optimum revenue is generated through hires, ticket and room hire, artwork and agency commissions and identify other appropriate sources of income.
- Monitor out-turns against budgets on a periodic basis which will be as determined by the board.
- Source and maximise grant aid, sponsorship, donations, earned income and other sources of funding.
- Certify payment of wages and other expenses and prepare accounts annually for audit purposes and liaise with the Auditor in the context of all funding bodies.
- Be responsible for the direction and management of all employees.
- Maintain an environment where members of staff and artists can work safely and to their full
potential in line with the centre’s Health and Safety Policy
- To ensure that Board policies in relation to race, equality, access and disability and organisational evaluation and monitoring are being effectively implemented.
Marketing, Sales and Audience Development:
- Ensure the marketing & audience development strategy remains focused and are carefully
reviewed at regular intervals.
- Act as spokesperson in the media where appropriate.
Skills & Qualities
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong initiative combined with the ability to motivate and lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to multitask.
- A strong interest and a proven commitment to innovation in the arts
Desirable person specification
- Experience in arts management position.
- Knowledge of contemporary theatre & multi-disciplinary arts desirable
- Experience in arts marketing and/or audience development.
- Producing experience including negotiating.
Conditions of Employment:
- The Director will be employed on a 3 year contract subject to 6 months’ probation period.
- Subject to one month’s notice in writing on either side and depending on changes to maternity leave dates.
- Expenses incurred will be reimbursed in line with Nenagh Arts Centre’s expenses policy.
- Duty at weekends and at night (as required) will be an integral part of the working week as part of a flexible working policy.
- Salary to be negotiated
All interested candidates should submit a CV & cover letter along with a proposed 3-month
artistic programme for the centre by post or hand delivered by 1pm Friday 3rd of November 2017.
Applications should be addressed to Tom Ryan, Chair, Nenagh Arts Centre, Banba Square,
Nenagh, Co Tipperary. Shortlisting will apply, it is anticipated that interviews will take place during the week of 13th of November 2017.
Nenagh Arts Centre,
Phone: 067 34400